Saturday, November 2, 2013

ODBD Steampunk Wedding Card

Hi, everyone! Today I would like to share a Steampunk style wedding card I made for my step-brother and his new wife.  This may not be 100% Steampunk, but it's as close as I could get with the supplies I had on hand!  I will be submitting this to today's "Charm City Cakes" Inspiration Challenge at Splitcoast Stampers......I chose the "Bohemian" cake fourth row down, far right....sorry, no way to link it directly.  I will also submit this to the Our Creative Corner Challenge, which is Steampunk TicTacToe...I used the gears/texture/transport (birds) option. The Word Art Wednesday blog has an "Anything Goes" Challenge this week, plus Stampin' Royalty has an "Anything Goes" Challenge, so I will gladly submit to those as well!


The birdcage from the Our Daily Bread designs "To The Lovebirds" set and the banner from "Banner Sentiments" were both heat embossed in copper, then cut out with the ODBD Custom "Birdcage and Banner Dies" Set.  (Two sets of the little birds were cut from the same die set.) I made two of the birdcages also....since the hinge opens, I wanted the same view from the inside (as shown in the 3rd photo).  The red mats for the birdcage and banner were cut by hand.


I used the same birdcage die to cut out the scripture panel, which was lined up directly with the closed birdcage.  The scripture is from the ODBD "Love Scriptures" set.  The gears on the right are by Tim Holtz, but the rest of hardware is from various companies.....stuff I've had in my stash for a long time.  Some of the items did not match, so I colored them with a copper metallic pen.  The designer paper is Basic Grey "Curio", the rose ribbon is Stampin Up and the crocheted lace was an RAK from my Design Team Sister, Sabrina.....Mwaaah to you, Sabrina girl!!!


I had one gear left, so I decided to use it on the inside, with two little punched hearts inside it.  The sentiment is from the ODBD set, "Love One Another".


Thanks for visiting with me today!

Have a blessed weekend!!


10 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow Angie this is awsome! It is very different for you and I love it. I love how you used the hinges. Really creative.

Cards By Jan said...

Wow Angie...this is AWESOME....I love the hinged birdcage...super idea!! awesome wedding card!!

Claudia N. said...

LOVE that hinge! And the card is absolutely beautiful!

Thank you for sharing it with us at OurCreativeCorner!

Claudia x

Saints Rule! said...

Love the vintage feel of this beauty Ang! Thank you so much for sharing your talents with us at Word Art Wednesday!

Redanne said...

I really love your use of the gears mixed with the lovely soft flower decoration. Thank you for sharing your card with us at Our Creative Corner. Anne x

Anonymous said...

Love the hinge! What a great idea! Beautiful!

Julia S-W said...

Great hinge and I particularly like the contrast between your metal elements and the beautifully feminine trim.
Thanks for joining us at Our Creative Corner for this challenge.
Juliax

Annie said...

Love your Steampunk piece Angie. Great mix of the two themes within your card and wonderful hinged piece.

TFS and crafty hugs Annie your newest follower x

Laurart said...

Such a gorgeous card! I adore that the birdcage opens up - such a clever idea! Thanks so much for joining us at Our Creative Corner - Lots of love Laura xxx

nitawellnesscoach said...

very thoughtfull steampunk design. You are inspiring me to design my own version for my nephew and bride.